Some of Spearmint Oil's uses are:
* Aromatherapy oil: Because of its menthol content, Spearmint Oil is often used in aromatherapy to help treat fatigue, headaches, migraines, nervousness, and even digestive problems.
* Food ingredient: Oil of spearmint is sometimes added to baked goods, frozen dairy, meats, beverages, and chewing gum. Note, however, that you are better off consuming whole, raw foods than these processed ones.
* Fragrance : This essential oil is added to certain types of perfume. It is commonly mixed with other herbs like jasmine, lavender, bergamot, and sandalwood.
* Ingredient in pharmaceutical products : It is often added to tooth powders, gargles, and toothpastes.
* Disinfectant : Spearmint oil can be used to treat internal and external infections, including scabies, dermatitis, syphilis, and other transmittable conditions.
* Bath oil : When added to bath water, spearmint oil can induce relaxation and can cool you off by reducing your body temperature.
* Massage oil : With its antispasmodic properties, spearmint oil can help relieve muscle pain and even abdominal pain due to menstruation.
* Insecticide : This oil can ward off mosquitoes and other insects. It is often added to insect repellents, creams, mats, and fumigants.